Prof. François Fuks学术报告信息
报告题目：Epigenetics and Epigenomics in Cancers
报告人：Prof. François Fuks, Director of the “ULB Cancer Research Cancer” (U-CRC) and Director of the Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics, Faculty of Medicine, Free University of Brussels (ULB), Belgium.
Since chemical modifications of DNA or histones are reversible processes, there is potentially a huge benefit in modulating such modifications for the treatment of human cancers using pharmacological drugs. To achieve such anti-cancer therapy, it is essential to decipher the molecular mechanisms underlying epigenetic and epigenomic perturbations in tumours. We will present our recent efforts, using our epigenomic plateform EPICS (www.epics.ulb.be), to better understand and map epigenetic alterations in cancers, including DNA methylation and hydroxymethylation.
We will also discuss about our very recent work on an emerging realm of biological regulation, termed RNA epigenetics. We will present our ongoing attempts to decipher the roles of a novel RNA modification: RNA hydroxymethylation.
- Fuks et al. Nature Genetics 2000 - Di Croce et al. Science 2002
- Hughes-Davies et al. Cell 2003 - Viré et al. Nature 2006
- Brenner & Fuks Dev. Cell 2007 - Villa et al. Cancer Cell 2007
- Fuks F. Nature. 2010 - Dedeurwaerder et al. EMBO MM. 2011
- Volkmar et al. EMBO J. 2012 - Deplus et al. EMBO J. 2013
- Delatte et al. EMBO J. 2014 - Deplus et al. Cell Reports 2014
- Boumahdi et al. Nature 2014 - Larsimont et al. Cell Stem Cell 2015
- Delatte et al. Science 2016